Thursday, June 30, 2011

At the Well...

It was a windy, dry, and sunny day.  I was tired, thirsty and the lineup was long at the local watering hole.  Before me were several men waiting their turn to bring water home for their families.  One of the oddities of rural Dawson Creek life, is water hauling.  Most pickups running around town have water tanks, some small about the size of a large dog house (I call it a "why bother") to very large (completely filling up the truck bed).  Now that my husband works out of town, I now have the priveledge of hauling water as I pass the water station on my way home.  We'll see how convenient this new responsibility is  in winter and -40C!
Today, I resigned myself to enjoy the quiet time before embarking the journey home and all that awaited me there. It was good to reflect on  the day's productivity and God's grace to get me through a task that I didn't have the skills to complete. He provided the help that I needed to get the job done.
When it was my turn to get my tank filled, I succesfully remembered all the steps to fill up without giving myself or other unsuspecting people a cold shower.  When I went to get in the truck, I realized I had locked myself out.  Fortunately, I had enough of an opening in my driver's window to stick my arm through and unlock the door.  Hallelujah was I ever happy!  Yes, little things such as an unlocked door, and a full tank of water showed me God still meets people's needs at the water well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment