Sunday, June 5, 2011

My crazy little addiction...

  It's Saturday and my alarm went off at 5:30am.  I was up like a shotgun and heading down the highway at 6am.  Wait...rewind.  This is Saturday and I should be enjoying a nice leisurely morning, up at 8am, kids sleeping in and me enjoying a cup of coffee with devotions in my favourite kitchen window.  But not this Saturday; I am off on a mission.  To what great appointment?  Wait, hold on, are your ready for it?  To get my vacuum cleaner repaired.  Yes, that's right.  I am driving 2 hours and losing an hour too as I cross another time zone to go to Grande Prairie to get my little vacuum cleaner repaired.  Yes, I know.  It sounds absurd.  Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy another? And the answer is no.
I have a very sweet, quiet, lightweight, Miele vacuum that I absolutely love! It cleans like no other.  My 9 year old neighbour says I am a real city slicker, cleaning my house all the time (and cleaning my horse paddock too---another blog story), however, that doesn not deter her from spending time at our house.  In fact, many weekends do not go by without overnight company.
  The truth of the matter is, I have a bit of a Martha's heart. I like to be prepared for unexpected company and go all out for those expected.   Cleaning and vacuuming is part of the stewardship plan: taking care of what God has entrusted me with, and so I can share it with others.
  Yes, it may seem crazy to drive 2 hours to get my vacuum fixed, but it also gave me some quiet time to  reflect on the past week and to give thanks for His many blessings---especially to have my vacuum safely returned to me (and at a fraction of the cost to replace it)!
  We all have some crazy little addictions, mine just happens to be green!

No comments:

Post a Comment