Today was a special day as we were celebrating the 10th anniversary of our Pastors service in our church. That is pretty cool considering that the average tenure for a North American Senior Pastor is 7.7 years according to Ellison Research in Phoenix. Maybe because we are Canadian the statistics are better, but I like to think that we have some pretty special people in our ministry. we dearly appreciate all the hard work and dedication our Pastors have put in to our church (and we've only known them for the last year and a half, nearly since we moved to Dawson Creek). Our Pastors definately have a shepherds heart: hurting when we hurt, joyful in our victories and the roller coaster in between. But the one thing that is constant is their unwavering support and love of their congregation. That kind of love is invaluable and priceless.
I was also reminded today during our communion service, the great love and sacrifice that Christ gave up for us. It almost made me laugh during scripture reading as my mind compared my previous nights blog about my crazy obsession and "huge" sacrifice I made to have the object of my affection repaired and restored for further acts of service (see blog "My Crazy Little Addiction"). My "love affair" with the green Miele is a rather nudnik comparison. What was I thinking at 12am this morning!!
This morning, I have a renewed and contrite heart for all the sacrificial contributions our Pastoral staff have made, both for me personally, the congregation and the long term vision they have for our community. To have friends like these are truly without value and "Priceless".
No comments:
Post a Comment